Bringing life-changing schools to Indianapolis
Every student deserves the opportunity to attend a world-class school. But in Indianapolis, we face a sad reality: The supply of high-quality public schools is not sufficient to meet the needs of kids. In fact, a recent study by Chicago-based IFF showed that more than 78,000 students remain in need of a seat in a high-quality public school.
The Mind Trust aims to address this gap by growing the capacity of excellent charter schools in Indianapolis and bringing the very best charter models to our city - schools that show all students, regardless of circumstances, can achieve great results.
Through our Charter School Incubator, The Mind Trust attracts some of the nation's best leadership teams to start world-class, autonomous public schools in Indianapolis. We award a combination of:
• $250,000 grants to support single-school expansions and
• $1 million grants to support five-school networks
In certain circumstances we also will consider awards of more than $1 million to entice outstanding school networks to Indianapolis. And we provide ongoing support to ensure these schools' success. This includes:
• Collaborating with a group of local professionals, the Allies for Educational Opportunity, to help the schools address key challenges;
• Bringing together winning teams to share best practices; and
• Working closely with Teach For America and TNTP (formerly The New Teacher Project) to ensure the schools have great leaders and teachers.
Indianapolis offers a great policy climate and rich network of resources for those who want to launch charter schools. LEARN MORE »