Programs We've Recruited
Like in any sector, sparking innovation and change in education requires having a critical mass of talented people in Indianapolis who are passionate about working in the field. To help grow that mass of talent, The Mind Trust invests in attracting the best national education-reform organizations to Indianapolis. These programs have proven records of success in cities across the U.S. Their presence in Indianapolis helps to attract more ambitious, energetic leaders who want to make a difference by transforming the K-12 system. The work of these groups also makes a tremendous impact on student lives every day, whether by increasing college enrollment rates or putting excellent teachers in classrooms.
The Mind Trust has invested $9.8 million in such programs to date. Organizations brought to Indianapolis by The Mind Trust include:
- Teach For America: Recruits top college graduates who commit to teach for two years in underserved public schools. Through the process, they become lifelong leaders in the pursuit of educational equity.
- TNTP: Draws talented professionals from non-education backgrounds to become teachers in subjects such as math, science, foreign language and special education.
- College Summit: Increases college enrollment rates among low-income students by fostering a college-going culture in high schools and helping students to navigate the college application process.
- Stand for Children: Empowers families and educators to have a voice in education policy as a leading grassroots education advocacy organization.
- Diploma Plus: Boosts outcomes among at-risk students through a school model that includes a performance-based system and a supportive school culture.