Equity Driven Teaching & Learning
July 12 & July 19
Do you want to chart a course to becoming a multicultural organization that is inclusive, affirming, and committed to transformation? Facilitated by seasoned educational leaders and national experts in organizational transformation and student achievement REthinc
will provide a 2-day cohort experience for Teachers who are leading the equity work in the schools of Indiana.
This free training is for classroom teachers from charter schools, IPS, and other schools throughout Indianapolis.
The 2-day virtual course will expose participants to the relationship between the history of inequitable ideas in America, racial inequity for American students, high standards, high-quality instruction, and the role of selected aligned curricular content in providing equitable instruction to students.
- Ground themselves in MLK’s perspective and conclusions regarding systemic racism.
- Understand the current state of their local educational context.
- Reflect on their personal leadership and the ways in which it impacts their respective workplace and education more broadly.
- Make a personal commitment to antiracism within their role moving forward.
Participants will complete pre-work prior to the initial session. They will learn to rely on and be creative and autonomous within high-quality instructional materials, scaffold students who aren’t ready for the grade in which they find themselves, and examine their own bias regarding
expectations for Black, Latinx, and bilingual students.
Trainings are hosted by REthinc, a non-hierarchical interracial consulting group focused on instructional equity, adult learning, college readiness, and the deconstruction of racism in the public and private sectors. We provide support and guidance as systems, organizations, and foundations navigate change.
- What? REthinc training for teachers: Equity Driven Teaching & Leading
- When? 2 part training: July 12 & July 19
- Where? Virtual, via Zoom
- Who? Classroom teachers from Indianapolis charter schools and district-run schools
- Cost? Free
Space is limited so make sure you reserve your spot today.