Message From Our CEO
I believe 2022 brought us substantially closer to realizing our vision of a day when every student in our city receives the kind of education promised in our tagline, a transformative education that is rooted in equity.”
The Mind Trust was proud to work in close partnership with our community over the past year to ensure student learning continued to accelerate. Programs like Indy Summer Learning Labs, our School Fellowship, the Go Farther Literacy Fund, Indiana Learns, and so much more all contribute to a vibrant education landscape.
The past year has not been without its challenges. Yet I have never felt more confident that the education change being driven by our community will lead to the future we all desire for our city: one where every student, no exceptions, has access to an excellent education.
Here are a few highlights from the past year that illustrate what The Mind Trust has done to support better student outcomes:
- Supported the launch of four new schools, which brings our total to 45 schools that serve over 12,000 students and will serve more than 21,000 students at scale.
- Partnered with United Way of Central Indiana to offer Indy Summer Learning Labs for a second year; 39 sites served 5,000 students across Indianapolis in summer 2022.
- Distributed $50,000 through our Go Farther Literacy Fund to 18 recipients who are leading projects that improve student literacy.
- Celebrated Stanford University’s CREDO study that showed Indianapolis charter schools lead students to 64 days of additional learning in reading and 116 days of additional learning in math compared to students who attend traditional public schools in Indianapolis.
- Honored lifelong education advocate and former Indiana State Senator Teresa Lubbers at our fundraiser event, “Celebrating Education Innovation;” nearly 800 community members joined us that evening.
- Implemented Indiana Learns at the behest of the Indiana Department of Education; this statewide grant program supports reading and math growth for students by funding tutoring and enrichment opportunities.
The work is far from complete. Still, I believe 2022 brought us substantially closer to realizing our vision of a day when every student in our city receives the kind of education promised in our tagline: a transformative education that is rooted in equity.