Applications open for third annual Indianapolis Rotary Foundation Classroom Makeover Project
The Mind Trust, in partnership with the Indianapolis Rotary Foundation, is excited to announce the third annual Indianapolis Rotary Foundation Classroom Makeover Project. In spring 2020, $2,000 in total prizes will be awarded to deserving teachers from across center township and greater Indianapolis, including:
- Two (2) grand prize winners, each receiving an $800 Amazon Wishlist and support from Rotary club volunteers to assist in a classroom makeover
- Four (4) runners-up, each receiving $100 toward an existing or new DonorsChoose project
Application Eligibility Requirements: Eligible teachers must work in a center township charter, Innovation, or traditional IPS school with a free or reduced-price lunch program that also receives title funding. A center township teacher will receive at least one of the available prizes, though teachers from across Indianapolis are eligible for all prizes.
Application Process: Eligible teachers must prepare a 300+ word essay as a Word or PDF document and submit the essay by email to Sara Marshall at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that only email submissions will be accepted.
Essays can and should include the following:
- Why did you choose to be a teacher? What keeps you coming back?
- How long have you been a teacher?
- How/why will this grant impact your students?
- What kind of items will you be purchasing (technology, books, paint, furniture) and why?
- If you were to be selected as a grand prize winner, what would you like the volunteers to do on classroom makeover day? (Paint, build shelves, assemble furniture, decorate, etc.).
Important Dates and Information: Please email your essay to email@example.com no later than 5pm on February 14th.
On February 28th, Grand Prize winners and Runners-up winners will be notified via email. Then, on March 13th, Grand Prize winners will be able to attend a Rotary Luncheon, with the classroom makeover with Rotary volunteers taking place on March 28th.