Apply for a fellowship
The Innovation School Fellowship application opens September 15, 2021. Click here to learn more. Fellowships at The Mind Trust are competitive, but we provide resources to support you throughout the application process. We work with prospective fellows to refine their ideas, strengthen their applications, and prepare for success in our programs.
What we look for
The Mind Trust awards fellowships to national and local leaders with a passion for serving marginalized communities and transforming the education landscape. Successful applicants have:
- Team-based management experience
- Demonstrated success in raising student achievement outcomes
- An ambitious focus on equity
- An entrepreneurial approach to challenges
- Resilience, fortitude, and vision
- A research-grounded model with a clear and motivating mission
Your application toolkit
Our team supports applicants throughout the process, providing regular input, guidance, and tools. Your application toolkit includes:
- Virtual happy hours for candidates to get advice and meet other innovators
- Meetings with education leaders to hone your model and answer your questions
- Regular one-on-one check-ins with our staff to gauge your progress
- Office hours with our application team to answer your questions
- Assistance with data, presentation, and Statements of Intent
Deadlines and submissions
Our Fellowship applications follow regular application cycles each year. If application windows aren’t open, you are always welcome to register your interest and connect with us to learn more.
Innovation School Fellowship application cycle
- September 15, 2021 – January 9, 2022: Application Open, applicants prepare and submit a Statement of Intent
- February 2022: Select applicants are invited to submit a full application
- February – March 2022: Select candidates are interviewed and final decisions are made
- Summer 2022: New cohort announced
- July – August 2022: Fellowship work begins
The Innovation School Fellowship application will open on September 15, 2021.
Charter School Fellowship
Application window varies. Applications are not currently being accepted for the Charter School Fellowship. We welcome you to connect with our team at the link below.
Relay National Principal Academy Fellowship (NPAF)
- November – January: Application Open
- January – March: Interviews and Selection
- Spring – New Cohort Announced
- June – July: Fellowship work begins
The application for Relay NPAF is currently closed.
Education Entrepreneur Fellowship
Application window varies. Applications are not currently being accepted. We welcome you to connect with our team at the link below.