Apply for a fellowship
School Fellowship application
Through this nationally-unique, paid fellowship, exceptional educators with at least 5-7 years of school leadership experience have the opportunity to spend one to two years preparing to lead a new public school in Indianapolis.
Fellows receive personalized coaching, resources, and training throughout the program, as well as ongoing support once schools are launched. Since 2013, The Mind Trust’s Fellows have launched 27 charter and innovation schools in Indianapolis.
The application for The Mind Trust’s School Fellowship is currently open.
What we look for
The Mind Trust awards fellowships to national and local leaders with a passion for serving marginalized communities and transforming the education landscape. Successful applicants have:
- Team-based management experience
- Demonstrated success in raising student achievement outcomes
- An ambitious focus on equity
- An entrepreneurial approach to challenges
- Resilience, fortitude, and vision
Your application toolkit
Our team supports applicants throughout the process, providing regular input, guidance, and tools. Your application toolkit includes:
- Virtual happy hours for candidates to get advice and meet other innovators
- Meetings with education leaders to hone your model and answer your questions
- Regular one-on-one check-ins with our staff to gauge your progress
- Office hours with our application team to answer your questions
- Assistance with data, presentation, and Statements of Intent
Deadlines and submissions
Our School Fellowship application is open and can be submitted at any time.