How to Find a Charter or Innovation School That Works For Your Student
Did you know there are over 60 public charter and innovation school options within Indianapolis Public Schools’ boundaries? These schools not only provide innovative options for Indianapolis families, they are also consistently some of the best schools in the city and state when it comes to academic outcomes.
Here are a few highlights for Indianapolis charter schools and innovation network schools:
- 9 of the top 10 schools for Black student 2022 SAT math and reading/writing college-readiness are public charter or innovation schools
- Students at innovation high schools outperformed 8 of the 11 Marion County districts in 2022 SAT reading/writing college-readiness
- Indianapolis charter schools increased ILEARN scores at higher rates than all 11 Marion County school districts based on 2022 ILEARN results
- Black and Latino students attending Indianapolis charter schools made better ILEARN gains than the state average in 2022
Enroll in a charter school today.
Find a Charter School in Indianapolis
Indy Schools, an initiative of The Mind Trust, is a comprehensive resource for finding your innovation and charter school options. By visiting IndySchools.org, you can search through 60+ K-12 public charter and innovation school options. All of these schools are free to attend and many of them provide bus transportation.
With the plethora of great options at your disposal, you can find an Indianapolis charter school that works for your entire family. Consider a few of these exceptional options that are led and staffed by diverse, caring educators who reflect the cultural backgrounds of our city’s families.
- Global Preparatory Academy is a K-8, dual language immersion school on the west side of Indianapolis. The school uses English and Spanish to instruct students in all core content areas. In addition, their students develop a deep value for and understanding of global cultures.
- Herron Classical Schools is a network of three schools: Herron High School in midtown, Herron Prep Academy for K-4 students in midtown, and Herron-Riverside High School on the west side of Indianapolis. Each of their schools delivers a classical, liberal arts education that prepares students for college and beyond. Their flagship school, Herron High School, is regularly named one of the best public high schools in the state of Indiana.
- Paramount Schools of Excellence is a network of six schools, four of which serve the Indianapolis community, primarily on the east side: Paramount Brookside (K-8), Paramount Englewood (5-8), Paramount Cottage Home (K-4), and Paramount Online Academy (K-8). Paramount has been recognized as a National Blue Ribbon School and received the Indiana Governor’s Award for Environmental Excellence in 2022 for the STEAM program.
- Victory College Prep is a K-12 public charter school on the southside of Indianapolis. They offer universal co-teaching in classrooms that support the whole student by emphasizing academic and social-emotional learning. Their college-and-career readiness programs are among the best in Indiana.
Remember, these schools are just a sample of the high-performing, innovative options your family can take advantage of. Find a full listing of your options, sortable by area of the city and grades served, at the Indy Schools website.
How to Enroll at an Indianapolis Charter School
Have you found a school you like and want to enroll there? Enroll Indy is our city’s unified enrollment system for nearly all of the innovation and charter schools in Indianapolis. Enroll Indy uses a OneMatch application system that offers two open enrollment periods during each school year.
During these enrollment periods, families can apply to as many as 10 of their top school options. The second round of Enroll Indy’s OneMatch system is open now until April 20, 2023. If you have questions about enrolling at an Indianapolis charter school, contact Enroll Indy’s through their website enrollindy.org.
Discover an Indianapolis School That Meets Your Needs
Are you looking for a better school for your student? Start by exploring your high-quality options using either our school listing or our interactive map of the schools we have helped to launch in Indianapolis.
You will find schools across K-12 grade levels that offer things like college and career prep, dual language, placed-based and environmental learning, and more.