Impacting kids every day. Fundamentally changing the system.
Through our network of 16 transformative education organizations, The Mind Trust has touched the lives of 93,000 students. Since 2006, The Mind Trust has:
• Invested in four world-class charter school networks. Together, these networks will launch 20 to 25 world-class charter schools serving more than 10,000 students annually by 2020.
• Placed 597 teachers in Indianapolis classrooms through Teach For America and TNTP. These teachers are producing among the best results in the city among low-income kids,
• Provided 6,700 mostly low-income students with summer learning through Summer Advantage USA. Students progress by an average of 2.5 months in reading and math during the five-week program.
• Equipped 8,510 mostly low-income students to enroll in college through College Summit. Indianapolis participants in the program are three times more likely to attend college.
• Provided more than 2,500 Indianapolis foster children with educational advocates through FosterEd. Because of its success, the Indiana Department of Child Services expanded FosterEd to a statewide initiative serving 9,000 students.
These numbers tell only part of the story. Read more about the individuals whose lives we've touched.