Financial assistance for teachers pursuing continuing education
The Educators Assistance program’s goal is to eliminate the financial barrier of additional education to help Center Township teachers advance their careers and grow as professionals. The Mind Trust believes removing this barrier can support the retention of our greatest assets, our educators.
Who can apply?
Teachers who meet the following criteria may apply:
- Classroom teachers currently employed in Center Township who will be entering at least their 3rd year of teaching in the 2021-2022 school year
- Classroom teachers who are currently employed with Indianapolis Public Schools (IPS), an IPS Innovation Network School, or an independent charter school in Center Township
- Classroom teachers willing to make a two-year commitment to their school and to sharing their learnings with the Indianapolis community
What can the award be used for?
Education Assistance may be used for costs associated with classroom teachers’ professional development, such as expenses for:
- Advanced degree programs teachers are currently in or plan to be enrolled in during 2021-2022
- Additional certifications
- Professionalization of licensure
- Conference or training registration
All opportunities will be reviewed by committee in the event that an idea is outside of the list provided.
Please note for your application: Awarded funds will need to be used during the 2021-22 school year. Applicants may request funds ranging from $200 to a maximum of $5,000. Funds cannot be used for existing student loans for degrees that have already been completed.
How can I apply?
The application for the 2021-2022 Educator Assistance award is now closed. Please sign up for our e-newsletter to be notified about the next application cycle.
Questions? Please contact Paula Glover.