Innovation School Fellowship
The Innovation School Fellowship helps exceptional school leaders develop sustainable educational models to launch or restart schools within the Indianapolis Public School (IPS) district. Fellows receive personalized coaching, resources, and training throughout the program, and ongoing support once schools are launched.
The Mind Trust created the Innovation School Fellowship in 2014 in partnership with IPS and the Mayor’s Office of Education Innovation. Innovation School Fellowship alumni have launched 15 IPS Innovation Network Schools.
- Nationally-unique, paid fellowship opportunity for talented school leaders
- One to two-year experience with cohort of other fellows working to launch high-quality public schools
- Opportunities to travel and engage with leaders at some of the nation’s best innovative schools
- Extensive expertise and feedback on the school design and building process from a team responsible for supporting the launch of 38 public schools in Indianapolis
The Innovation School Fellowship is one of two School Fellowships with The Mind Trust. Learn more about our Charter School Fellowship.
Dates to Remember
- October – January: Application Open
- January – April: Interviews and Selection
- June – July: New Cohort Announced
- July – August: Fellowship work begins
Innovation School Fellows in the News
Ma’at Lands, Cohort 6: ‘Overlooked for far too long’: Eastside church partners with The Mind Trust to launch new middle school via Chalkbeat
Geoff Fenelus, Cohort 7: Haiti, Brooklyn, Indy: My journey as a founder and CEO via The Indianapolis Recorder
Kim Neal, Cohort 6 and David Spencer, Cohort 5: ‘No One is Invisible:’ Leadership Lessons and Advice from School Leaders via TeachForAmerica.org
Shatoya Ward, Cohort 4 and Darius Sawyers, Cohort 5: VIDEO – New Life for P.R. Mallory & Co. Building via Inside Indiana Business
Mariama Shaheed, Cohort 1:Quality School Options: Empowering school leaders to turn vision into reality via The Michael and Susan Dell Foundation